Making African Masks & Learning About the African Continent
We have been studying the African Continent and we have learnt lots of amazing facts.
This is what we learnt:
- Africa the world's second-largest continent
- Africa is one of the most diverse places on the planet with a wide variety of terrain, wildlife, and climates.
- It has the Longest River in the world - The Nile (6,852metres/4,258miles).
- The Sahara desert is in northern Africa and is the largest hot desert in the world. The climate is extremely dry (arid) in this region.
- In Africa, you will find some of the largest mammals on this planet. Among them are the largest land mammal, the African elephant, the tallest mammal, the giraffe, and the fastest mammal, the cheetah, which can run with speeds up to 113km/hour or 70 miles/hour!
The most interesting topic for Freyabella, however, was African Clothing, Dancing and Masks.
- We loved the Colourful fabrics worn by the African Women
- And the traditional costumes the African men wear for their cultural dances.
But best of all we enjoyed making our own African Mask from a cereal box, elastic, coloured pens, some colourful card, and some things we found around the garden including twigs, flowers and some old palm leaves.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.